Our rooms are currently closed due to the national lockdown. We will re-open them as soon as we can.
The only way to book a music practice room is by emailing email@example.com.
You will need to check the calendar for the room to find a free slot. You can find out how to do that HERE.
You should then email firstname.lastname@example.org with the slot that you would like to book. The booking inbox is checked once a day, in the morning. Therefore you will need to give at least 24 hours’ notice of your requested booking.
Due to COVID-19, there are now additional rules that users of the room are required to follow.
- You can book a music practice room by emailing email@example.com with the slot that you would like to book. View the calendar by visiting www.music.qmul.ac.uk/practice-rooms/how-to-view-music-room-calendars . Please provide at least 24 hours’ notice of your requested booking. The Piano Room is booked via the Queens' Building reception, on a first-come-first-served basis, and not via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please observe the room capacity signs placed on each music room door entrance. The main music room has an occupancy limit of 6 people and can only be used with the windows open.
- Loud instruments cannot be played if the meeting room, LG01, is in use. If you are, at any point, asked to stop playing by a member of staff, you must.
- Please use the hand sanitiser placed at the door of the practice rooms upon entering the rooms. Antibacterial wipes have been placed near the door so that musical instruments can be wiped, if required.
- The revised Face Covering Policy issued (July 2021) states that, in accordance with Government guidance and Step 4 of the roadmap, face coverings will no longer be required for students, staff and visitors either in teaching and learning environments or in communal areas. QMUL continues to provide face coverings for staff and students who out of personal choice may prefer to continue to wear them.
- Rooms should always be left as you expect to find them, clean and tidy. Please email email@example.com if the rooms are not in a good condition.
- Guitarists must bring their own guitars and amp cables.
- Drummers must bring their own sticks.
- The Piano Room is booked via the Queens' Building reception, on a first-come-first-served basis, and not via firstname.lastname@example.org. However, all of our rooms have pianos in.
- The Main Music Room is bookable via email@example.com in the same way. However, booking is restricted to music scholars and those given direct permission from the Director of Music, Paul Edlin. This room has an occupancy limit of six people. This room can only be used with the windows open. You may want to wear extra layers in the colder months.